Welcome to Aurora, the light and quiet room for rest and recovery for students. Aurora is situated in the premises of the Student Health Service, on the 2nd floor in the eastern wing of the Administration building.
Facts about Aurora
- Aurora is painted all in white. The interior, furniture and curtains are also in white.
- In Aurora there are special "daylight lamps". The lamps give a special kind of light, and should be seen as a complement to regular outdoor daylight. Most of the students visit Aurora during the winter period, when it is dark outside and the sunshine hours are few.
- For best effect the visitor should borrow a white coat to put on. You will find the white coats in the room.
- Spending time in the light room Aurora should be seen as a complement to outdoor daylight. In order to get as much daylight as possible, we recommend students to spend some time outdoors around noon.
Instructions for Aurora
- Before entering Aurora, leave your outdoor clothes and shoes outside the room. Bring your valuables, e.g. bags, into the room.
- Show respect for eachother, it should be calm and fairly quiet.
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Studying is not allowed in Aurora, no use of computors.
- Instead you are allowed to bring a good book to read. In Aurora you´ll find a CD player and some CD records with relaxing music you can listen to.
- You can sit in armchairs, on chairs and pillows. There are yoga mattresses for visitors who want do lay down for a while. Pillows and mattresses are kept in a special closet.